Friday, April 18, 2014

Top 4 Songs for Procrastinating

Committing to 30 hours of independent study a week is always a challenge, especially when you're at home surrounded by Easter eggs, a fluffy bed and the internet. It's even harder when you can enjoy all three at once.

I've come up with a number of ways to get myself motivated, such as a study timesheet to monitor my study hours and leaving fresh flowers on my desk to lure and keep me there. I've even created playlists of my Songs of the Week (yes, I have a spreadsheet of that too) to get me to work whilst the snazziest tunes are in the background. They also help me achieve arbitrary goals, like being able to work 10 songs in a row without opening 2048. Sadly, I've come to realise that these songs are Procrastination Songs that only distract me from working. I'll tell you why.

#4 Amber, Dick Diver
A gorgeous afternoon song. Everytime it plays, I want to eat bikkies and tea outside in the sun whilst it drips of syrupy afternoon gold. But I can't right now because it's autumn and cold. But the bikkies and tea still happen.




#3 Looking for the Magic, Dwight Twilley Band
I don't know. It kinda makes me want to dance.




#2 Twin Rivers, Big Scary
I think the first few lines of this song summarises my feelings for the day. Except I'm going through study apathy in place of a break up. I wish I could break up with my thesis sometimes.




#1 Wild Love, Gossling
This super fun song by Australian artist Gossling just gets me so giddy. Especially because I am soooo smitten at the moment. By many boys. But also one in particular.  And this song makes me think of how I want to make him fall in love with me. Not really. But really.




What are your Procrastination Songs?

N.

No comments:

Post a Comment