Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Lollapalooza Brazil ~~~~


Last week we had Lollapalooza here in São Paulo and it was really awesome: three of my fave bands played, two of which I had already seen before (Phoenix and Vampire Weekend), and, for the first time, ARCADE FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited, seriously. I had been waiting to see them live since I was 14. 

 

The festival was at São Paulo's racetrack, where Formula 1 happens. I had obvz never been there (racing ain't really my thing) so it was cool getting to know it. I couldn't help thinking "imagine how many people have died here!" all the time though. 

 

On Saturday, the best concert was definately Phoenix. They were so much better than the last time I saw them live, back in 2010. I also saw Julian Casablanca's concert, but I must confess it was a letdown. The Strokes were my favorite band for a good part of my life, so it was really sad for me seeing how Julian kinda sucks live - or maybe it's just his solo work that didn't work for me at all, I don't know. He did play two Strokes' songs, and they sounded really good. A little later that day there was Muse, but their singer was sick and didn't sing any of the choruses so...

 

On Sunday we decided to get there really early so we could enjoy the "Chefs' Stage", where a bunch of Brazilian chefs were making some good grubs. I had a burger from a place called Vinil Burguer, it was really good, and the best french fries from Bra.Do. The best was definitely a brownie milkshake from Barbar Confeitaria, so yummy! I guess I must have gained about 4 kilos that day. Totes worth it! Then my friend M. wanted to see Ellie Goulding with all the other teenagers, and everyone was going apeshit for her haha. She actually sings pretty well live!


Then it was Vampire Weekend's turn! Me and M. were really excited to see them together, because we also saw them together back in 2011, so we got there super early to get good spots. Then I saw two guys with a tshirt that said "production" and I was like, "Excuse me mister, can I help you in anyway?" and they said "Actually, we need someone to dance and sing along to all their songs in the VIP area so we can film them", to which I answered "Well sir, you're in luck, because I have more energy than a gogo dancer". So yups, me and M. stayed comfortably at the VIP area getting photographed and filmed by cool guys while firefighters offered us water hahaha. Good times!

 

Then, finally, there was Arcade Fire. Dang, what a fucking good show. They are so theatrical, so full of life. I even dressed up party style for their concert <3 I think it was one of the best concerts of my life (and indeed I have many to compare it to, as going to concerts is one of my favorite things to do!). Their new album, Reflektor, is just so good. And they played all my favorite songs from their previous albums, and even some Brazilian songs in between! They actually started their show featuring scenes from a great Brazilian movie called Orfeu Negro, which has a similar energy to their music - if I'm not mistaken there's also a version of one of their video clips for Afterlife that features the same film. Anyway, I still can't find the right words to describe how that concert went, it was just so good that I can't describe it!


On the second day I brought my fujifilm Intax with me and took a few pics! They're so cute, I love how everyone looks more beautiful in them. They just feel so special. I can't wait for N. to come visit me so we can take a million together!



And, finally, since I'm so famous, here's a pic of me looking gross during Vampire Weekend's concert! Ew, right? I was having the best time! 

And that's it! What a great festival. I must confess there were way too many people though (like, 170 thousand per day)... The next concert I'm going to now is Eddie Vedder's, yay! So good to have things to look forward to :))

A pleasant day to you!
V. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post you shared !!! Revitalize and renew my life with elements of fun and frolic by visiting the lollapalooza brazil festival. Enjoy the music fiesta in the presence of eminent brands that plays rock, heavy metal etc.

    ReplyDelete